Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July! Today We are Closed

All 6 locations of the Des Moines Public Library are closed today in observance of the 4th of July holiday.

I finally read "The Help" and will now offer my opinions as to the movie version's casting:
Viola Davis as Abilene:  Fabulous!
Octavia Spencer as Minny:  Perfect!
Emma Stone as Skeeter:  Love Stone, even though she's not tall and gangly like the character.
Bryce Dallas Howard as Hilly:  What?
Sissy Spacek as Missus Walters:  She's not that old!  Really!  I guess that's where the acting comes in.

I'd kind of pictured the guy who plays Blair on Glee as Stuart Whitworth but I'm not married to the idea.  Can't wait to see how it all turns out!  Who knows - I was appalled that they cast Liv Tyler as Arwen in The Lord of the Rings and she was great.  Maybe these casting people actually know what they are doing.

The Lord of the Rings

No comments: