Friday, July 22, 2011

Getting a Charge out of Altoids

Love the Altoids?  Can't bear to throw away all the cool tins?  You could... keep Life Savers in them!  Loose change!  Toss in some first-aid supplies!  Melt some candle wax, drop in a wick or two and boom!  Instant travel candle.  If you want more of a challenge, Popular Science will tell you how to make a battery charger out of an Altoid tin.  You have to be able to solder, you need a voltmeter and a 160-ohm resistor.  Yeah, eye of newt anyone?  Popular Science graciously offers several projects online including an eentsy BBQ grill.  You know you want one.

through EBSCOhost.  DMPL card and PIN required for access
POPSCI Online Altoids Search

2 comments:

Laura said...

I use my Altoids tin for storing my flash drives at home so I don't lose them.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who used one to make a mini memory book. It is awesome!