Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How Many Laughs

Many Laughs for Many Days.  These are less like jokes and more like anecdotes.  One of the shorter ones I could find:
Said the occasional imbiber to his friend:  "Had a long serious talk with a barkeeper in a blind tiger today.  Yep, I guess we must have talked half an hour."
"What did you find to say to him?" inquired the friend.
"Plenty.  As a matter of fact most of the conversation was on my side.  But he listened all right.  I poured arguments at him one right after the other."
"Well, what did he say when you got through?"
"He said 'NO'!"
Oh, the hilarity. Now my first question was "What the heck is a blind tiger"?  According to Webster's, it's "a place that sells intoxicants illegally."  The things you learn from joke books.
 p. 229 

No comments: