Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quartered Territory

So I got my bright new Alaska quarters and thought it was over. I was very sad because I'd really had fun looking for each new state design. Then, I'm getting my favorite meal at my favorite Mexican place on the Skywalk, and there in my hand is a quarter so blindingly shiny that it had to be freshly minted... but it didn't look like any of the ones I had. It's a Washington D. C. coin! The U.S. Mint, in a last-ditch effort to keep me entertained, is issuing quarters for D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands. I didn't know where the Mariana Islands of any stripe were but the U.S. Mint provides a handy-dandy map. For that and more information on the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories Quarters Program visit the U.S. Mint site. In case you're as excited as I am.

For a list of books regarding the Wonderful World of coins, click here.

Graphic source: Dover Samples

No comments: