Friday, January 29, 2010

I’ll Make Me a World in Iowa 2010

Saturday, January 30, from 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. is the 12th celebration of I’ll Make Me a World in Iowa.  I remember when they could fit everyone in the State Historical Museum. That venue has been outgrown and then some, the Polk County Convention Complex now holds the crowd.  This all started in 1998 when PBS encouraged communities to come up with programs showcasing African-American people and culture.  Because in February 1999 PBS broadcast an “I’ll Make Me a World” mini-series.  Good thinking!  Admission to I’ll Make Me a World in Iowa 2010 is free and includes continuous performances on 3 stages - more than enough entertainment and education to keep you busy all day!
We don't have the PBS series I'll Make Me a World.  We do have African American Lives 1 and 2
Source: I’ll Make Me a World in Iowa

No comments: