Friday, August 22, 2008

Easy Bake? Or just warm it until it curdled.

Now doesn't this make you hungry all over? How many of you got one of these? Not me. I got a pink plastic refrigerator instead. The door opened so I guess it was pretty cool. But we all wanted Easy Bake Ovens and across the nation mothers were heard to say "We all ready have a perfectly good oven". Well, did the oven have tiny pans? And light bulbs that never got hot enough to do any damage? And little cake mixes? Did it? Huh? The answer was no, but we still didn't get our Easy Bakes. Mothers can have such a practical streak. If you didn't get the toys you wanted either here's the book for you. But you don't have to sulk if you don't want to.

100 greatest baby boomer toys

Graphic Source: National Toy Hall of Fame

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had an Easy Bake Oven as a kid. Come to think of it, I think my mom actually WANTED me to have one. It was pretty cool, but I only used it about three times. I just remember spending a whole Saturday just trying to bake one little cake. Still, if I were to have a daughter, I think I'd purchase one for her as well.

Circulating Librarian said...

I had an Easy Bake Oven, too--one of the more recent ones, of course. (I wouldn't want you to think I'm OLD or anything like that!) I think I used it long enough to exhaust the supply of cake mixes that came with it. Then it sat in the garage long enough to get a good coating of dust before Dad undoubtedly hauled it to the Goodwill.