Monday, September 8, 2008

Library Card Sign-Up Month

Oh, that first library card. My siblings and I couldn't wait until we were old enough to get our own cards and check out our very own books. In the old Carnegie, children's books were in a semi-circle area of the basement and I would just go there and wallow. Unfortunately, I was limited to the number of books I could carry and my arms were short. Crushing. If you've never had a card, get one. Your first card is free and you acquire access to an unbelievable stash. You know the drill - books, CD's, Internet access, and did I mention books? Still my favorite. Make sure you check out a shiny new book when you get your shiny new card. There is nothing like it.
Photo courtesy: redjar Flickr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! There is nothing like your very first library card!