Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sticky Songs Jr.

I'm betting at least one of these will wind up living between your ears today.

Theme from Gilligan's Island:   Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip...

Hokey Pokey:   You put your right foot in and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about. Hey! (I added the Hey! Didn't seem right without it.)

Otis Redding:   (Sitting On) The Dock Of The Bay. Sittin' in the morning sun, I'll be sittin' when the evening comes. Watching the ships roll in, then I watch them roll away again, yeah...  (I don't know how he sang the italics.)

Cab Calloway:   Minnie the Moocher.  Surprise!  I didn't think of this as being sticky at all until I was reminded of:  Hidey Hidey Hidey Hi, Hodey Hodey Ho, Heedey Heedey Heedey Hee... 

Harry Belafonte:   Banana Boat Song - or as we like to call it - Day-O. Come, Mister tally man, tally me banana, daylight come and me wan' go home.  It's six foot, seven foot, eight foot BUNCH!  Daylight come and me wan' go home...

Go home with one of these.

No comments: